Who are we?
Our constitution says it best …..
- We shall promote and support the building and use of St Ayles Skiffs and stimulate healthy competition between Communities and Clubs by means of Races, Regattas or other organised events.
- We shall promote Inland and Coastal Rowing as a healthy activity, which can be done safely by people of all ages at a level suited to their competence, experience and state of fitness and which in addition provides unique opportunities to be close to nature and to wild life.
- We will maintain relationships with other St Ayles Skiffs National and International Associations and Federations, e.g. the Scottish Coastal Rowing Association (SCRA)
- We will encourage its members to adopt and apply best practice in Health and Safety, Safety at Sea, and Child Protection and to take personal responsibility for their application.
- We shall foster close relationships between the builders of boats and equipment and rowers, so that there is better understanding of skills and craftsmanship, design and materials and that the recognised measurement rules are understood and adhered to (for registered craft).
- We will encourage members to meet socially.